Pages

Saturday 12 October 2013

If I had been at the mall.. I wouldn't have started my salad Evoolution!

This will just be a quick post to say that I ventured into Evoolution, a "gourmet olive oil bar."  I took Jimmy with me so our visit was short but not so short that I did not get the tour and buy some yummy items!  They have about a bazillion flavours of olive oil (all lined up in stainless drums) and a jillion flaviours of balsamic vinegar (including white, which I didn't even know was a thing!).  You can taste anything you want and there are baskets of bread all along the bar for dipping.  Since I was in a bit of a hurry and too many choices overwhelms me, I told the guy that I needed something for salads that was really savoury... something garlicky and peppery.  He instantly looked like a light bulb had gone off in his head and he rushed off to prepare a mixture for me.  He came back with a little cup of Tuscan Herb Olive Oil and White Lemon Balsamic Vinegar.  Yep, that was the flavour I was looking for, alright! I bought both and am looking forward to having my next salad!  Not words anyone would expect to hear me say, right?!

It's Evoolution, baby!

No comments:

Post a Comment