Pages

Wednesday 10 July 2013

If I had been at the mall.... ****************

My good buddy Diana is visiting from BC this week and after spending too much money at Lux Beauty Boutique (more on that later...) and lunch at Doan's, we did what the coolest girls in their 30s do on a hot and sunny afternoon in Edmonton.  We went for a wander around the Concordia campus.  A lot has changed since 2002, when I graduated but I am thrilled to report that the carpet stains in Tegler have not been cleaned in 11 years!  We were pretty excited to find framed composite graduation photos hung proudly on the walls for all to see... at the back of the library.  In a narrow corridor of faculty offices.  Really??  There was nowhere else they could have displayed the alumni??  Nowhere more prominent??  The hallway leading to the cafeteria is lined with a series of framed stock posters. Couldn't they have put us there??  Aaaanyway...  I obviously had to take pictures.  First, with the wolves: 
Me, Wolfgang and Puck with my graduation picture!
Second, a close up of my grad photo because I don't have any of these.  I think at the time I didn't like them, maybe?? I don't really know.  Now, pay special attention to my name below the photo.. I know you are going to want to admire how cute my hair was in those days (not) but pull yourself away and look below the head.  
A photo of my 2002 graduation photo.
G. Heselton. ASTERISK???  Is there some question as to whether or not I used performance enhancing drugs to complete my degree??  I mean, I realize it's just a psych degree and not a home run record or anything but I guarantee you; I earned it with these brains, baby!   (These brains are now questioning the use of the semicolon in that sentence.  I know it shouldn't be a comma but what then?  A colon?  Is there a steroid I can take to improve grammar??).  

Finding out I am memorialized forever in a tiny, hidden hallway of my alma mater with an asterisk next to my name never would have happened if I had been at the mall!

No comments:

Post a Comment